What is NASAGA?
The North American Simulation and Gaming Association (NASAGA) is THE home for instructional designers, game developers, performance improvement specialists, consultants, trainers, teachers, and educators who use active learning methods to increase engagement, enhance retention, and improve performance. Our annual conference is an interactive experience! Breakout sessions let attendees brainstorm, collaborate, and play games with a focus on learning and improving results. We also host webinars and podcasts, share classroom and boardroom activities, and send out SIMAGES, the NASAGA Newsletter!
The Power of Simulation Games
We are pioneers in the design and facilitation of learning through simulation-games. The great Garry Shirts’s Inventory of Hunches exemplifies why believe in the power of games and simulations:
- Maybe simulation games are motivators,
- Maybe a simulation experience leads to more relevant inquiry,
- Maybe simulations give participants a more integrated view of the ways of people,
- Maybe participants learn decision-making, resource allocation, communication, and
- Maybe simulations affect attitudes,
- Maybe simulations provide participants with explicit, experiential, gut-level reference
- Maybe simulations act as an information retrieval device, since people know more
than they think they know,
- Maybe participants learn form and content of the model which lies behind the
- Maybe the main importance is the effect on the social setting in which the learning
takes place, and
- Maybe simulations lead to personal growth.
NASAGA draws its talented membership from across a wide spectrum of the educational field. Members work across the globe in businesses, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and educational institutions. We are…
- University Professors
- Instructional Designers
- Game Designers
- Performance Improvement Specialists
- Corporate Trainers
Everyone can play at NASAGA! Just add your name to our list at the bottom of this page and get involved:
- Attend our next conference to gain inspiration and meet other NASAGA members
- Present at our conference to share your expertise or experiment with a new idea
- Participate in our discussion groups for quick tips and problem-solving tricks
- Tell your colleagues about NASAGA to make the world of learning a better place!